Monday 27 August 2007

SAD

I knew that Seasonal Affective Disorder existed but I really noticed it affecting me. I know that I probably only had the lightest symptoms but a bright, warm and sunny weekend with a walk down the beach, reading the paper in the park, attacking the shrubs and weeds in the garden and listening to the cricket on the radio has brightened my mood. I wonder if going from the US where it was very hot and sunny heightened the change as the difference was so large.

In the news at the moment are the fires in Greece threatening Olympia. A couple of years ago I got to travel there and while earthquakes have reduced the actual buildings to a series of piles of rocks the sense of history and the museum that goes with it were very impressive and I hope the treasures can be saved. It is made worse by the fact that the fires appear to have been arson.

No comments: