Saturday 19 April 2008

Trip to Coventry

The trip was as unnecessary as I thought it would be. The program is straight forward and the slow pace of the instructors only added to the frustration. I met some nice Ipswich fans going to the Wolves game, a bunch of vicars heading to St Pauls for a service and a couple of older ladies who I argued over Tesco with. No thanks to the group of chavs who got on at Chelmsford going for a night on Ipswich. If you use bad language then use it for effect and surprise people. If you do it every second word it loses effect.

Two issues arise from my escapade around the rail network. Firstly why did my ticket make me get on and off at Stratford and not Liverpool Street. It makes no sense to get off at the first station on the underground network and not at the mainline station. Secondly, what is the point of a train arriving at a station and only letting people get off. Instead I have to wait for 10 minutes for a train that allows people to get on.

No comments: