Tuesday 24 July 2007

MOT Day

Every year my car has to be tested by the government to check that it is still safe and I absolutely hate this day. Just about every other cost can be planned for or can be approximated and built into the budget but this is the day they can say it will cost £5, £50, £500 or you need a new car as this did once due to the fact the body was no longer attached to the chassis due to the level of rust. I absolutely hate the uncertainty and as it takes about a day to service and MOT the whole day has me feeling anxious and irritated. This year I had the service done in advance as I thought that maybe I would know what it would cost but now I am nervous that they will find something else. Maybe next year I will do it on a school day to keep my mind of the matter.

No comments: