Wednesday 28 October 2009

The sense of anticipation.

In 1995 a friend at uni lent me a book by Robert Jordan which I loved and quickly read the remaining 5 books that existed at that time in the series. Over the next 14 years at varying times 5 more books have appeared in the series which was going to be 12 in total. Book 12 was published yesterday and should be with me today or tomorrow. I am going to read it very slowly. It has taken so long for a number of reasons mainly being that the author died of cancer in 2007 and another author has been working from his notes. It truly will has been a test of patience but hopefully well worth it.

On the other hand the next book in the George R R Martin series which are by far my favourite has been been put back until 1st October 2010.

No comments: