Sunday 18 April 2010

Me to the rescue

Last night about eleven I was proceeding along the road when I saw a lady lying in the street - being a trained first aider I leapt into action. It was a lady with bad arthritis who had fallen over and could not get up as her knees were bad. She was also incoherent and very wobbly on her feet (maybe drunk but I did not think so). After she got back on her feet she was telling me she was fine and ok when she clearly wasn't before getting agitated and then almost falling over again, She started staggering down the road and looked like she was going to fall over but by clinging onto walls and gates she managed to stay upright. In the end I rang the police and told them what was going on and they said to follow at a distance until they could arrive but after 10 minutes staggering she disappeared into a house so I rang the police to tell them she was fine and went home. I hope she was alright.

No comments: